Branch Pruning & Dead Wood Removal
All pruning work complies with Australian standards AS4373-1996.
Reasons for pruning trees
- Improving the health of the tree
- Improving appearance of the tree
- Removing safety hazards such as dead diseased or defective wood
- Decreasing weight
- Eliminating unsound structures such as V-crotches
- Removing nuisance of low hanging branches
- Removing unwanted fruit and leaves
- Making space for powerlines and buildings
Deadwooding is the removal of dead or dying branches generally cut back to a healthy collar. It reduces possible food sources for dangerous pests and can limit disease.